Looking for a therapist that understands what you may be going through? Check out these resources designated specifically for mental health surrounding the Black experience.
- 5 Black Mental Health Resources to Fight the Harmful Effects of Racism by Taylyn Washington-Harmon goes in-depth about ways to navigate and fight the effects of racism in the day to day, including the following resources:
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network: a healing justice organization committed to transforming mental health for queer and trans people of color (QTPoC).
- Written by Zahra Barnes, this article provides 44 Black Mental Health Resources. This list includes everything from people to follow, brands/organizations/collectives to follow, as well as directories and networks for finding a Black/allied therapist.
- Black Lives Matter, and Black Mental Health Matters too is another extensive resource article that provides a solid list of mental health resources, scholarships, and funds for the Black Community.
- Black Lives Matter Healing in Action: A Toolkit for BLM Healing Justice + Direct Action.
- If you are a Black Therapist available to take Black clients, please visit this Google sign-up sheet to offer your services (organized by #TheGatheredFight for Black Mental Health Access).